Tuesday, October 21, 2008

THE WEDDING

Ever since she was born, I have always hoped Claremarie would get asked to be in a wedding. In fact, Sam would say I have been obsessing about it. (I'm not sure what he means unless it has something to do with the fact that I have humiliated myself by asking two near strangers if they needed a flower girl for their weddings?!)

A couple of summers ago my awesome cousin Natalie took pity on me and promised that she would have Claremarie in her wedding if she got married. I thought that was so sweet of her considering the fact that she has 6 nieces of her own. Well, Natalie got engaged last Christmas and married on Oct. 11 (for complete wedding coverage go here) and true to her word, she asked Claremarie to be a candlelighter. Yeah!! I was so excited. Claremarie was excited too but this was really more my dream than hers I guess. I'm not sure why it was so important to me other than I got to be in several weddings when I was little and always think back on that fondly or maybe it was more about wanting to see my little girl dressed up like a princess in a fairy tale setting. Probably a little of both.

Anyway, thanks Natalie (and Cody) for making one mom's dream come true. I promise to stop harassing strangers about having Claremarie in their wedding. Now I just have to work on getting Camden into one!! Anyone need a ringbearer???

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been checking your blog everyday waiting for this post! You did a great job as the 'unofficial' photographer. It's great to have some behind the scene pictures of the whole weekend (not just the wedding ceremony). Can't wait to see the rest of the photos this weekend!

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Sherilyn a BIG THANK YOU goes to you from Cody and I. You were fabulous to have around. The pics are great memories of not just the wedding but leading up to. As most of you know as the bride there is NO way you can be everywhere at once and know the help everyone gave. But as time goes by people have been telling me stories and I have heard SEVERAL about where Sherilyn helped out. It is so greatly appreciated and you helped make the day go by very smoothly. Anywhere from saving the dresses from pizza sauce, keeping a pick out of Maddy's hair (I would expect nothing less of our Madison!) to picking out the candle lighter dress, folding programs and sending the kids down the isle. I am glad that Clair Marie and Lanay were able to be a part of the wedding as well they all looked sooooooooo pretty. We appreciate greatly the memories that you captured and the memories you helped make.
Natalie

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you posted this. I too have been checking every day hoping that you would provide photos and the details. I wish we could have been there. Natalie, you look beautiful! Thanks Sherilyn for the photos!

Debbie

Anonymous said...

I just got a chance to look at all of the pictures, and Claremarie and all of the kids looks so pretty and cute! I can't believe how big they are all getting. I'm glad that Natalie had all of the kids have a part in the wedding so that your dream could come true!

Debbie

JoyeLee said...

Sherilyn,
Your pictures of the kids are really cute. Did Claremarie have fun being in the wedding? I found your blog because I am taking a kind of self study on new technology and I am learning about RSS and today I have to find feeds to register for newreader.
Joye

Coolestmommy said...

Oh my---she looks so beautiful!!

Tell Camden he looked awesome in his suit, too.