Saturday, March 7, 2009

IT HAPPENED AGAIN!!!

Said to my children last night at Dillards, "Are you kids out shopping with your Grandma?" Come on people (especially people working as sales clerks in stores where I might buy something!)! Start with asking if the kids are with their mom first. You can always work up to Grandma and no Grandma is going to be offended if they are called the mom. A little unsolicited advice: ALL MOMS ARE OFFENDED WHEN ASKED IF THEY ARE THEIR CHILDREN'S GRANDMA!!! Since this is the 3rd time this has happened to me, I'm now past the point of being polite about it. After I told the lady that these were my kids she asked how I was doing and I said, "I was doing pretty good until I got called a Grandma." Couldn't help it and couldn't hold it in.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how mortifying! I don't blame you for being upset. I would be upset too! :[

Ok, I'm off to Sam's Club to stimulate the economy..

BTW, I Love this colorful template. It's cute! :]

Debbie said...

Sorry that this happened to you. I know how it feels, and it's awful! I have been asked at least three times if I was Jewell's mom, uh... NO! People should really be careful what they say. Also, I will have Alexander in all blue with a pirate or something on his shirt, and people will say something about my little girl. You think people would learn!

Jane said...

I used to always get asked if I was Sarah's and Seth's grandma. Even the teachers in Hershey asked me that once. It would be virtually impossible for me to have a grandchild Sarah's age and I do/did not look that old! I always just laughed and told them that that would be quite a feat. You do not look that old either and it would be very difficult for you to have grandchildren that age. I think it is appropriate to be rude. They were rude.

Coolestmommy said...

Oh my goodness...how awfully rude can somebody be?!?! I'm with the other commenters--always assume in this day and age that it's the mother. I know people who are 45+ and ADOPTING babies. Grandma wouldn't be upset to be deemed the mom---what are people thinking.

Oh yeah, they aren't thinking.

Jennifer C said...

JUST PLAIN ABSURD!! I don't know what to say beside that!!
Glad to see your posts...I miss you when you don't blog!:)