Friday, October 22, 2010

SOMETIMES....

The kiddos are at my parents for 4 days so I decided I needed to spruce this place up with some paint.  Because Dave Ramsey is of the opinion that I don't need to buy new furniture at this point in time, I had to pick colors that match/complement my dark plum colored couch and chair and my wonderful yellow chair (yes...some of you are acquainted with yellow chair!).  Now it has never been said that I'm scared to use color in my house.  I just can't have a tan house.  (No offense to you tan house people.)  Just can't do it!!  I need me some color!  So.....I picked....get ready.....fling green which is an aqua/teal color and stonehenge gray, a tan/gray color.  Trust me...the faces you are making right now can't be any worse than the face Sam made when he first saw them on the wall!! 

I'm halfway done with the first coat and surprisingly enough I'm having some very sentimental issues with painting over the denim blue and pale yellow walls. 

First of all I have LOVED the blue walls.  I always thought they were so pretty...maybe not what anyone else would pick, but I have really liked them.  Sniff....

Secondly, for the last six years many pictures of my kids were taken in front of those walls.  Pictures of accomplishments, first days of school, cute outfits, etc.  Small sob....

And finally, there have been an infinite number of times that I've been frustrated with the hand prints and scuffs on these walls.  However, today as I cover up little C's  hand prints or the marks that CM's sticky octopus made on them, I'm surprisingly sad.  Big sob and small tear....

Sometimes I'm such a girl!!

P.S.  Pictures later!! 

2 comments:

Angela said...

You Go Girl!!

Rhonda said...

I always liked the blue and yellow, but I can't wait to see the new colors on the wall!