Friday, December 21, 2007

Our Christmas Letter




I did not manage my time properly this month so a Christmas letter was not sent out in our cards this year. I am one of those people who truly enjoys getting Christmas letters (and pictures and cards!!). I love reading about what you have all been up to. This year we have taped all of our cards and pictures to the back of our front door. The kids have spent a lot of time looking at you all. It makes for a very colorful door.

As for our update.....
  • Claremarie is in 2nd grade. She doesn't seem to like school as much this year but she is doing great. The picture in our Christmas card was taken about 5 minutes before she lost one of her two front teeth. She looks adorable. This winter she is looking forward to cheerleading. I am going to be the coach of her team so that should be interesting and fun. She said that the highlights of her year were her Hannah Montana birthday party, going to the Hannah Montana concert (do you see a theme developing???) and going to Worlds of Fun and Oceans of Fun.
  • Camden is 3 and is our little comedian. He is great company for me while dad and sissy are away during the day. We joined a new gym this last year and Camden loves to play there so he is always asking if we can go to the gym. (Quite a little accountability partner!) Camden gets to sing on Christmas Eve at our church and he is very excited about it. He loves singing and music. Camden's highlights of the year were getting a big boy bed and going to Adventureland.
  • Sam and I stay busy with work (mostly him), church activities, and the kids schedules. We went to Kansas City to see the Yankees play this summer and of course we suffered through the Husker's football season. My parents celebrated their 40th anniversary in June so we helped with that. We also visited a few more Nebraska towns in our quest to see them all. The kids and I completed our first 5K run in June. I know some of you who are runners are right now saying, "Wow, big deal." It was a big deal for us and we are planning on running in several more this summer.

For the most part we have had a pretty uneventful year. The older we get the more we appreciate that. We are counting among our blessings this year, friends and family, both near and far. We love you all and we wish you Merry Christmas. Our hope is that you will all find time to celebrate our real HOPE who was born so many years ago.

Love, Sherilyn, Sam, Claremarie and Camden

P.S. For those of you who are visiting our blog for the first time, please let us know you were here. We would love to hear from you!! We also want to hear from our regular readers but I thought maybe the newbies might need a little encouragement to post!! :-)





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the nice letter.

The Millers said...

yeah for the running! Keep it up! I hope I can run again someday... weird that after hating it so much that now I would miss it with the back injury from last year. My kids keep waiting for us to go to the gym here on base that has a kid's play area. I keep using the excuse "after the baby comes!" I guess I have to think about going in the new year! Love the new look of the blog too!
Danette

Anonymous said...

Hi Sam & Sherilyn!
I love this idea and may just have to steal it for next year. I've been saying since the triplets were born I should create a blog...they are 2.5 and I still haven't done it. Maybe in 2008!

When you come to Adventureland next summer...call us! We would love to see you. I'm hoping we can get to Omaha to the zoo.

Can't believe how much Clairemarie has grown and Camden sure is a cutie.

Take care!

Cary & crew

Holly said...

great letter!
I just realized that I didn't send you one of ours...I'll do that.
Give Melanie a BIG hug for us when you go!

Unknown said...

love the update. makes me miss you even more. zoe got a webkinz reindeer too. they will have to play together. can't wait for chicago . . . love and miss all of you!