Monday, May 26, 2008

MEMORIAL DAY

Today the Omaha World Herald has a really neat special section about 100 WWII vets. Some of it is online at Rendezvous with Destiny. It is a really neat tribute. The first quote on the front of the section is stirring around in my brain this morning. I try to imagine what it must have been like in those days right before and during the U.S. involvement in WWII but I don't think any of us will ever know. Here is the quote......

"There is a mysterious cycle in human events. To some generations much is given. Of other generations much is expected. This generation of Americans has a rendezvous with destiny."
Franklin Delano Roosevelt, June 27, 1936

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great reminder of what today is all about. I seem to be a little (a lot!) removed from It All. Thanks for reminding me of why we hold today special. Angela

Coolestmommy said...

What an awesome photo to go with a perfect quote. Wasn't that a terrific article?