Saturday, April 18, 2009

NOT A GOOD DAY.....

The weekends when Sam works are always rough around here but today was a particularly bad day. It was one of those days when my children's behavior baffled me. Why do they do the things they do? How come our teaching is not getting through? Then the enemy uses their actions to accuse me....."You are a terrible mom! If you were any good at motherhood your children would never behave like that." That, in turn, led to not so stellar behavior on my part towards my kids. If I would have only used those moments to teach instead of yell and complain. What a vicious circle......

Very thankful that Sam is home now, that is is almost bedtime, and that there will be a clean slate tomorrow!

3 comments:

Jennifer C said...

Been there...been there...been there...praying for you!:)
Jenn

Nicole Crawford said...

I hear you! Was it something in the weather yesterday, because your day sounds suspiciously similar to mine. Hope today is 1000 times better.

Linds said...

Oh.... I can so relate... thinking of you and praying today was better:) Hope to see you one of these days!