Tuesday, December 14, 2010

NOT GONNA LIE...THIS ONE HURT...A LOT!!

It has been documented HERE and HERE...the unfortunate incidents when I have been called my kids' Grandma.  I honestly didn't think it could get worse until today.

I met Sam at Menards this morning to look at carpet (yeah...I might be getting new carpet!!) and we were also picking up a few presents.  Sam started talking to a shopper that he knows and then he turned and looked at me and said....some of you know where this is going....

"IS THIS YOUR MOM?" 

OH.MY.HEAVENS. 

Let's just say I did not react well to this.  First of all I "corrected" the gentleman and then I hightailed it to the next aisle where I immediately broke down crying.  (Crying in Menards, where your husband is the manager, also not a pleasant experience....for anyone!).  But you know us Grandmas and mothers of 41 year old men...we are so emotional...probably menopause or something!! 

Sam's job tonight...returning all of the presents he bought me.  I will be taking the money and immediately booking my appointment for botox or a chemical peel or something....anything that will help.  Obviously I need it!! 

Sam was also not happy to have me referred to as his mom.  His mother is a very lovely person but it is still kind of creepy to have your wife called mommy!! 

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

Don't feel bad about that. I think that the man was "clueless." You definitely don't look like Sam's mom.
I think people sometimes want to say something and then what pops out is not what they meant. He probably meant to say wife!!!! Sorry that happened though. What a downer on your day! You do not look that old!

Jane said...

I don't know why people think theyhave to comment. I get asked all the time when I am going to retire. Let's see, I have 20 years until I hit the retirement age. People just don't think, like Rhonda said, he probably just misspoke. You lood great!!!!!! I have been called Seth and Sarah's grandma many times. I guess because . . . .???????

Debbie said...

I have had the same comment about me and Jewell several times. I took to wearing bright neon purple nail polish and younger looking clothes for awhile thinking that might help, but it didn't. I still got another comment. I know how you feel, but you do not look old. You look good! :)