Friday, June 25, 2010
Thursday, June 24, 2010
It was a quick, two-day trip. Kristina got to show me all her favorite haunts and she was especially excited to see donkeys in the streets (you don't see that in Beijing).
We shopped at The Green Door where DVD's are....well let's just say....cheap!!
We had an Easter potluck on Good Friday with the teachers that are living in Hohhot.
We visited some shops and street vendors and even found a Christian church tucked up in behind the street.
We enjoyed a lunch in the Muslim area of town with some new friends. (You must note their new NE souvenirs!!).
All in all, we packed a lot of action and interesting experiences into less than two days!! Hohhot was completely different than what I had expected but I'm so thankful I had the chance to experience it!!
Friday, June 18, 2010
Don't be a party pooper....if you read these play along....put your answers in the comment section!!
1. UFOs......fact or fiction?
2. What is the best way you have found (or think you would try) to stop kids from fighting?
3. Do you shoot off your own fireworks or watch a display somewhere?
4. Do you wake up to an alarm or music?
5. Where do you get most of your news?
Happy Weekend everyone!!
Thursday, June 17, 2010
I've always said every family needs a mechanic, a hair stylist and some kind of medical person (I'm not picky!).
We sure could have used all 3 yesterday!!
Monday, June 14, 2010
(Claremarie's new "UGGS")
Friday, June 11, 2010
1. Would you let your 16 year old sail around the world by his/herself?
2. What is one cartoon, as a parent, that you CAN stand to watch?
3. What is your favorite morning show?
4. What is your pet peeve in traffic?
5. What is the best thing about the Huskers moving to the Big 10?
1. Perhaps......strangely I can see both sides of the issue.
2. I actually would possibly stop and watch either Arthur or Phineas and Ferb even if my kids weren't home.
3. I used to really like Regis and Kelly but now we can't get that show in Omaha....stupid KMTV!
4. Watching other people text while they are driving....I sometimes talk on the phone but I do not text!!
5. Beating Texas at their own game!!!
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Friday, June 4, 2010
1. What is your favorite "vintage" sitcom?
2. What are you most looking forward to this summer?
3. If you are a LOSTIE, how are you feeling about the way the show ended?
4. Do you nap?
5. What is something that is a new favorite thing for you (can be anything)?
1. This questions inspired by me watching MASH right now, which also happens to be my favorite!!
2. The lack of demand on our schedule (although June looks pretty busy).
3. Pretty good other than a few questions that I knew I would have...I can live with the ending.
4. Sometimes but then I always feel guilty about it. Wondering if I'm being too hard on myself or if others feel the same.
5. Around here we are enjoying some of the new flavors of chips, particularly Baked Tuscan Herb and Parmesan Lays and regular Tomato Basil Lays.
Have a good weekend everyone!