- Even being at the movie theater for 4 hours, I still couldn't finish a large diet coke.
- When you are old and are planning on staying up until 3am, you should really try to get a nap in sometime during the day.
- No matter how long you have been married it is still fun to do something different.
- I was prepared to have to deal with loud, annoying teen-agers all night but they were all so nice and as soon as the movie started were quiet.
- Sometimes things work out and you snag 3 seats (Sam, me, my purse) in the front row of the upper level. You know the seats....the one with the foot rest!!
- I have no concept of ages anymore. They all looked like jr. high kids to me.
- When watching a movie with teens, be prepared for laughter in strange and sometimes inappropriate places.
- The kids really loved the Effie Trinkett character. Every time she spoke they laughed.
- I had been obsessing about how much shorter Peeta was than Katniss before the movie started. Once the movie started,it didn't really matter.
- Who says kids are insensitive? The young man sitting next to Sam lost it when Rue....well you know if you read the book.
- It was so fun to watch a movie with people who weren't scared to clap, boo, or cheer. I think that's fun!
- The previews before The Lorax are much, much different than the previews before The Hunger Games.
- Every movie coming out in the next few months has something to do with vampires. (Did you know Abraham Lincoln was a vampire slayer? Neither did we!).
- When you are 40 something and you go to a movie geared towards 15-somethings, wearing a movie-themed shirt does NOT make you cooler.
- Sam totally reverted last night. He was waving at people, giving every one he saw wearing a District 12 tribute t-shirt the Hunger Games salute, and heckling teens. Lucky for him I was there and stopped him from putting on one girls' bread placard (that was evidently a tribute to Peeta).
- You know you are old when you turn and give your spouse a high five every time someone older than you comes into the theater (for the record that only happened about 5 times and we were in a 500 plus person theater).
May the odds be ever in your favor!