Saturday, July 3, 2010

PEOPLE ARE STRANGE AND MY KIDS ARE FUNNY

Let me just preface this post by saying I know EVERYONE has their own weirdness and there are probably people posting things about me and my family today. With that being said.......

So last night we ventured out, with 79,996 of our Omaha friends, to the concert and fireworks in the park. When you people watch for 6 hours you see a lot of odd things. On facebook I already mentioned the man that was sitting behind us clipping his toenails. He's just lucky none of them flew into my puppy chow or there would have been trouble!! Nobody messes with my crunchy little nuggets of chocolaty peanut butter goodness.

But I digress....

In front of us was sitting a the following compilation of people. From what I could tell it was a husband and wife with a 12-ish year old and a 1 1/2 year old girl. There was also an older gentleman in a wheel chair and a younger man, maybe a brother in law or something.

What we know for sure is that there was absolutely zero parenting of the little girl. She wandered around crying when her brother wouldn't give her the ball or when her parents tried to corral her. She walked up to may strangers wanting their food or whatever they were playing with. Her mom acted like all these strangers should just give her what she wanted. I actually saw her take drinks out of several people's pop cans when they weren't looking (people who were not with this group). The mom would usually see her do this, grab the pop can away and just quickly put it back without even telling the person that her child had just violated their pop.

Anyway...

Camden had taken a back pack full of action figures and tinker toys to play with (we had to kill 6 hours some way). We weren't really on the baby's radar until about 8:30pm but at that time she noticed the toys on our blanket and started to make a beeline for our area. Camden saw her coming and said, "Mom, help! Here comes Big Baby. She's coming to take my toys. She's going to terrorize me." It was absolutely hilarious.


Those of you who haven't seen Toy Story 3 yet won't get this part but it made us all laugh so hard. The kid really did look like Big Baby and it made the night go a lot faster with all of us being on Big Baby alert.

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

I've seen Toy Story 3 and this post made me laugh. I am glad "big baby" alert kept you guys occupied for a while at the concert.

Nicole Crawford said...

thank you. i needed that laugh.