Friday, September 24, 2010

WHY I LIKE/DISLIKE FACEBOOK....

Reasons I LIKE Facebook....
Thumbs up2 Pictures, Images and Photos
1.  It's fun to get in touch with people from your past and see what they are up to again.
2.  It really is a good way to stay connected....especially with extended family.  At our reunion this summer I felt like I had so much more to talk about with people.
3.  There are some really fun games on facebook (i.e. Bejeweled Blitz, Word Whomp Derby, and Glob).
4.  It's fun to post pictures for people to see.
5.  It's fun to look at other people's pictures.
6.  If you are having a bad day and you status update about it you usually get a lot of positive comments.
7.  It helps me keep track of people's birthdays.
8.  It is interesting to see what you have in common with other people.
9.  There are some really funny status updates.
10.  In the middle of the night, when I'm often up, I can get on facebook and see who else is online and can't sleep.

Thumbs down Pictures, Images and Photos

Reasons I DISLIKE facebook....


1.  I dislike it when someone who I've never actually had a face to face or person to person conversation with asks to be my friend.   I call that friend trolling and I say ignore.
2.  When you see all the cool things people are doing with their lives, it can lead to some pretty strong feelings of inferiority.
3.  Too many fun, time-wasting games that are tempting to play.
4.  The many unflattering pictures of me that others have posted.
5.  The pressure to come up with unique and interesting status updates.
6.  No dislike button.
7.  The critical responses from some people when you do post something vulnerable.
8.  Wondering if anyone would actually remember your birthday if it weren't posted on facebook.
9.  That I can't move into 1st place on Word Whomp Derby.
10.  The time I spend on facebook could be time I spend out it in the real world actually living.
11.  That for an introvert like me, there is the possibility that I could spend all my time cyber-connecting with people instead of really connecting with them.

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

I agree with your lists!