Thursday, March 31, 2011

TAKE A BREATH....

Feeling overwhelmed by the challenge of parenting tonight....... 

Disappointed by the actions of one child.  Nothing horrible but disappointing nonetheless.  It seems to feel worse when they do something that you know they know not to do.  As a parent, I pray everyday that both of them will stand strong in the face of peer pressure, that they will always stand up for what is right. 

And then I remember....

They are no different than me.  How many times have I disappointed my Father by doing things I know are wrong and I do them anyway?  How many times does He wish that I would stand strong in the face of pressure and that I would always stand up for what is right?

But He extends forgiveness and grace, undeserved but freely given.  How can I do any less?

No comments: